1. Make the cake according to directions and let cool
2. In a large bowl, mix cake and a big spoonful of frosting by squishing together with your hands (the littles love this step!) until the texture resembles a play dough. You truly don’t need too much frosting!
3. Melt candy wafers in the heat-proof container according to directions on the package. I usually melt one cup and then repeat as needed as I go, and always reheat if the candy starts to harden.
4. Pour melted candy wafers into the mold and cover all surfaces, making sure you line the sides using a popsicle stick or knife. Insert popsicle stick while candy is still pliable. Let harden and then add another layer making sure the sides have a thick coating.
5. When candy layer has hardened, take a ball of the cake and frosting mix and squish it into the mold pressing down until almost filled to the top.
6. Pour a layer of melted candy wafers on top of the cake mixture. Let cool and harden then gently peel the mold away from the treat!
*For extra help, you can google video tutorials for making “cakesicles”
Explore our entire Spring Waffle collection for Adults & Kids HERE ✿